Do you want to join a team that values exceptional medical care, continuing education, and fun in the workplace? Acton Animal Hospital has an immediate need for a Veterinary Technician to join our team!!
Fill out the form below to apply!
Acton Animal Hospital is a family-owned animal hospital with a close-knit and highly trained team focused on exceptional care.
A Veterinary Technician at Acton Animal Hospital is someone who is self-motivated, a quick thinker, and able to multitask efficiently. Good communication skills and compassion are a must! We prefer a CVT and/or have a minimum of two years of experience in a veterinary hospital; however, we are willing to train on the job. Interested candidates will be responsible for some post-operative client communication and must be able to work independently while contributing to the goals of the team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Obtain patient history
- Placing intravenous catheters
- Perform radiographs with assistance
- Patient care including diagnostic procedures and treatments
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Prepare prescriptions and communicate discharge orders to clients
- Ability to uphold proper safety protocols
- Familiar and proficient with aseptic techniques
- Familiar with laboratory procedures and practices
- Familiar with veterinary equipment, instruments, and medications
- Able to lift 50lbs
Acton Animal Hospital is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
Here are some reasons our associates love working at Acton Animal Hospital:
- Competitive pay
- Generous benefits, including health/dental/vision insurance, 401K with match and PTO
- Continuing education paid by Employer
- Opportunities for advancement
Pay: Up to $26.00 per hour
We are performing partial curbside care at this time, and a masked client is allowed in the hospital with their pet at this time. Contact between clients and technicians is minimal, and PPE is utilized.